FRANCISCO TOVAR UCRÓS
MD. Ophthalmologist and Eye Surgeon
I am a Medical Doctor graduated from the Universidad del Rosario in Bogotá (1990), I started my Ophthalmology studies in the Hospital of San José (1994) obtaining the degree of Ophthalmologist in 1997.
I am also a professor at the Sanitas University Foundation in the postgraduate course of Ophthalmology.
I am characterized by having a great interest in the care of my patients with a very human, warm and cordial character. I seek to generate the greatest possible confidence and show all the available alternatives to solve their visual problems, without neglecting everything related to your environment, your emotions, fears and concerns regarding what you suffer, and showing all possible interest in trying to solve all the questions you may have as a person. I am always attentive to listen and willing to give the best advice in everything my patients need.
- LASIK Surgery (laser eye surgery for myopia, hyperopia, astigmatism and presbyopia). No Blade.
- Cataract surgery with premium intraocular lens implantation.
- PRELEX Presbyopic Lens Exchange for presbyopia correction.
- Intracorneal rings for Keratoconus.
- Crosslinking treatment for keratoconus.
- Intralase for LASIK, Keratoconus and Corneal Transplant Surgery.
- Pterygium surgery.
- Plastic eyelid surgery.
- Glaucoma surgery: Laser and Filtration surgery.
- Corneal Transplant: Penetrating, Lamelar or Endothelial keratoplasty DSAEK.
- Retina laser procedures and intravitreal Anti VEGF treatment for Wet Macular Degeneration.
- Minimal Invasive Glaucoma Surgery MIGS with iStent.
American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery (ASCRS)
Colombian Society of Ophthalmology (SOCOFTAL)
Eye Surgery Society - Colombia (SCO)
Colombian Association of Cataract and Refractive Surgery (ASOCCYR)
Association for the Investigation in Vision and Ophthalmology (ARVO)
Founder Member of the Colombian Association for the Investigation and Vision in Ophthalmology (CARVO)